Yang Sheng Mastery Course – ten-day programme with Alex Jacobs
First weekend: February 26th & 27th 2022
At The City College of Acupuncture & Online
‘Yang Sheng’ Or ‘Chinese Medicine Self-Help’ is rarely taught as its own discipline, but it has its own theory and is a tradition it its own right. Alex Jacobs has spent the last 20 years studying and teaching Yang Sheng and is running a five-weekend course this year. This is a course for practitioners and students of Chinese medicine therapies. The course will enable you to:
Master the core essence of Yang Sheng
• Learn powerful self-help techniques to empower your patients to help themselves and supercharge your own health.
Go beyond simple generic advice
• Learn how the external seasons, climate and day night cycle affect body physiology and pathology in a deep, tangible and highly technical way, improving your ability to not only to practice Yang Sheng but also to enhance your clinical outcomes. You will learn how to break the year down into 4 and 5 seasons, into 12 monthly segments, 24 solar terms and 72 hou and learn the clear tangible underlying dynamic of each segment of time
Deepen your appreciation of QI and Chinese Medicine
• Experience and reinforce all the concepts of Chinese medicine in new ways and from multiple perspectives.
• Deepen your appreciation of ‘De Qi’ to improve your acupuncture and tui na skills. Reconnect your Chinese medicine knowledge to the everyday Chinese culture it is naturally embedded in
Activate the potential of your practice
• Offer ongoing education to your patients, earn extra income, attract new patients and keep existing ones in your network. Show patients how fun, enjoyable and delicious real Yang Sheng can be and give them advice that they will love to follow.
Learn the theory that ties all the therapies together
• This is a very practical course. You will be able to observe, experience and feel what is taught directly for yourself. It can be applied into any of the Chinese medicine therapies and is grounded in the classics. In many ways this course is also an in-depth introduction to the Huang Di Nei Jing.
There will be dedicated days on each of the following:
• Seasonal Yang Sheng – One day dedicated to each Season
• Chinese Dietary Therapy
• Medical Qi Gong
• Chinese Herbal Medicine for Culinary and Everyday Herbs
• Boosting Resources of Yin, Jing, Yang and Qi
The course is so much more than all of this. It is also a distillation of Alex Jacobs’s insights as a clinical practitioner of Acupuncture, Herbal Medicine and Tuina Massage and from teaching Chinese Dietary Therapy, Qi Gong and Tai Chi. This will enhance your Yang Sheng knowledge but also improve your clinical skills as a practitioner.
So that you can get a better idea of what the course is about, Alex has made the introductory webinar to the course free to view on his website www.daomedicine.com/yangshengcourse . You can also find full details of the course there including dates and costs.
This course can be taken in person at City College of Acupuncture or streamed online. Both participants will receive access to the recorded videos after the lectures, so if you would like to review or if you have to miss one or two sessions you will be able to catch up.
There is a student discount for the course and an instalment payment option which is available by request.
If you have any questions, please feel free to drop Alex a line at firstname.lastname@example.org