A major part of traditional acupuncture is the use of specialised needles to elicit a few drops of blood, which can have a profound effect on the way the body functions. It is arguably the most powerful treatment method that can be applied in Chinese Medicine. Bleeding is a major component of Master Tung Acupuncture, known for bringing about a rapid and often permanent therapeutic result. On these two days Philip will cover:
- The theory of Master Tung bleeding techniques
- Powerful and very effective protocols for migraines, insomnia, back pain, asthma as well as a Master Tung detoxification method.
- Learn when bleeding is appropriate, as opposed to acupuncture, and when to use it.
- Demonstration of Tung bleeding
- Points for stroke and heart disease
- Bleeding for hypertension and migraines
Participants will have the opportunity to practice these acupuncture bleeding techniques under clinical supervision.
Philip Weeks has been a practitioner of natural medicine for the last 20 years. He encountered Tung Acupuncture after his initial training at CICM. He has a PgD in Nutrition. He is considered one of the UK’s leading expert on natural medicine and is a Master Herbalist. He is the author of ‘Make Yourself Better’ and ‘Painful Bladder Syndrome’ published by Singing Dragon. He runs a clinic in Marylebone in central London.
Pre-requisites: Qualified and insured acupuncturist
Bookings: For further information, click to https://mastertung.org/acupuncture-courses
TIME & DATE:
6 – 7 July (10am – 5pm)
Sunday 7th July (10am – 5pm)
Saturday 6th July – Early Bird £150 – £175 after 15th June
Sunday 7th July – Early Bird £150 – £175 after 15th June
Weekend – Early Bird £300 – £350 after 15th June
EVENT WEBSITE: https://mastertung.org
CCA acts as a venue for externally-led CPD courses.
This two day course covers the main complaints and complications that women may face during pregnancy. Western medical conditions are explained and explored in terms of TCM treatments with reference to historical sources and contemporary research.
This course is suitable for
- Third year students and new graduates who do not yet have much experience of this area
- More experienced practitioners who may already be offering these services but who would like to deepen their knowledge
Subjects covered include
- A TCM Exploration of Pregnancy
- Red Flags and Acupuncture Safety Issues
- Morning Sickness
- Fatigue and Exhaustion
- Threatened and Habitual Miscarriage
- Musculoskeletal Pain
- Pelvic, Lower Back and Sciatic Pain, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Anxiety and Depression in Pregnancy
- Feelings of Suffocation and Insomnia
- Turning A Breech
- Pre-birth Acupuncture and Cervical Ripening
Learning will be consolidated with case studies and, time-permitting, practical demonstrations.
TIME & DATE:
25 & 26 May 2019 (9:00am – 5:00pm)