• Our Tui Na course is run by Sarah Pritchard, one of the UK’s foremost exponents of Tui Na. Her book “Tui Na: A Manual of Chinese Massage Therapy’’ is the foremost English language book on the subject. Sarah has trained extensively in Nanjing, China and is a dynamic and experienced Tui Na practitioner and teacher.
• Our other teachers include Julia Oji, who graduated as a Tui Na practitioner in 1994 and completed her clinical training in Nanjing, China, and Alex Brazkiewicz who has studied extensively in China, including undertaking regular month-long study trips to Beijing to study under Professor Wang Ju Yi.
This depends on whether you are learning Tui Na with or without an existing Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) qualification.
You can complete the course in a minimum of two years.
You can complete the course in one year.
As the course is designed in a flexible, modular way you will have the chance to study at your own pace
We are currently seeking accreditation with UK Register of Tui Na Chinese Massage (UKRTCM) as well as other bodies. We will keep our students and website up to date with our status as it changes.
Just as there are different styles of acupuncture, there are different styles of Tui Na. You will learn both gentler Yin styles and firmer Yang styles of treatment. If you require further information please get in touch with us and we will do our best to supply you with the answers to your questions.
You will spend a significant amount of your Tui Na studies in the clinical environment. You will be required to undertake 17 days of supervised clinical practice before you can graduate.
Time studying Qi Gong is built into our course. In order to be a successful Tui Na practitioner you will need to build and maintain your personal Qi. You will be taught Qi Gong breathing and movement routines to help you cultivate your own Qi.
• Yes. You will be assigned a personal tutor who you can contact if there are any personal issues complicating your life that may be interfering with your studies. Your personal tutor is concerned with your overall path through the course and will be able to offer one-to-one advice with any problems you are experiencing. Your contact with your personal tutor can be kept confidential unless you give us permission to act on your behalf to help your situation.
• You will also receive academic tutorials for each module you study where you will be able to clarify and deepen your understanding of acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. Our teachers are all very approachable and will be happy to go the extra mile to make sure that you don’t fall behind in your studies.
• As we keep our classes at a small size we will be able to keep an eye on you at all times!