The Flow of the Hand & the Needle Part 1 – an Introduction. A two day Tui na workshop for acupuncturists.
June 30 @ 10:00 am - July 1 @ 5:00 pm BST£180
with Sarah Pritchard
This workshop is open to both qualified acupuncturists and 3rd year acupuncture students.
No prior Tui na experience needed.
During this two day practical workshop for acupuncturists, we will work together with the fundamental Tui na techniques. Exploring and feeling alternative methods for opening channels, softening, moving and dispersing stagnation, nourishing and warming Qi, calming and soothing the Shen. We will experience the flow of channels and the dynamics of points tangibly from within our own bodies.
All needling techniques are born out of the ancient massage manipulations of An Mo known as Tui na since the Ming dynasty. Some points and channels may be better stimulated with hands and others with needles. Having the flexibility to use both in practice gives us the versatility and potential to flow creatively with the changing dynamics of our patients’ Qi in the treatment space.
Tui na is the grandmother of all forms of bodywork that exist today. Both physical bodywork and subtle energy medicine, it’s broad and deep in its therapeutic range. Learning Tui na will bring new scope and inspiration to your practice and what’s more, patients love it!
During this two day practical workshop for acupuncturists, you will:
• Acquire simple, practical and effective Tui na techniques which you will be able to integrate confidently into your current acupuncture practice
• Discover simple methods for opening, clearing and dredging channels and guiding Qi to flow smoothly
• Work with releasing ‘Guo’ fruit areas on the Jin Jing Channel Sinews and methods for dispersing and clearing accumulation and stasis
• Learn simple and powerful Yin style Tui na for nourishing, calming, centring and slowing Qi down
• Experience alternative methods for accessing Qi and stimulating points
• Improve your needling techniques and sensitivity and bring greater connection and presence to your needling
• Improve palpation skills, bodywork confidence and be reminded of the power of therapeutic touch
Booking: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: £180 (early bird price until Friday 16th March) £200 thereafter
Sarah Pritchard was one of the first Westerners to practice Tui na in the UK and is known as an inspiring teacher and workshop leader.
• Sarah is the author of two Tui na books Chinese Massage Manual originally published by Piatkus in 1999 and re-published with Healing Path publications in 2010 is the definitive introductory text on Tui na Massage currently published in English.
• Her second book Tui na – A Manual Of Chinese Massage Therapy published by Elsevier Churchill Livingstone in 2010 is a comprehensive handbook for the 21st century student and practitioner of Tui na working in the West.
• Both books are used as essential texts on Tui na training courses in the UK, Europe and the USA.