- This event has passed.
The Flow of the Hand & the Needle Part 2 – Deepening the Skills. A two day Tui na workshop for acupuncturists.
January 5 @ 10:00 am - January 6 @ 5:30 pm GMT£180
CCA acts as a venue for externally-led CPD courses.
with Sarah Pritchard
In Part 2 we continue our journey of experiencing the dynamics of Qi from within, reviewing, deepening and developing the work we began in Part 1. There will be time for questions and sharing the experiences of putting what we’ve explored so far into practice.
Our focus for this two day adventure will be the three Jiao. Exploring ideas and practical methods for affecting Qi both subtly and dynamically in these key areas, and how to connect this with distal work in channels and points.
I will introduce you to the powerful and versatile point stimulating technique Yi Zhi Chan Tui fa (one finger meditation pushing technique) which works at Wei, Ying and Yuan Qi levels. An extension of An fa (pressing), it has a penetrative, moving quality that I believe is worth our attention.
During Part 2 you will:
- Explore ideas and methods for working with the three Jiao, how they relate to internal and external pathogens and common clinical scenarios – when, why and how
- Be introduced to and explore Yi Zhi Chan Tui fa (one finger meditation pushing technique). In attending you will continue to develop and deepen the work from Part 1:
- Acquire simple, practical and effective Tui na techniques which you will be able to integrate confidently into your current acupuncture practice
- Discover simple methods for opening, clearing and dredging channels and guiding Qi to flow smoothly
- Work with releasing ‘Guo’ fruit areas on the Jin Jing Channel Sinews and methods for dispersing and clearing accumulation and stasis
- Learn simple and powerful Yin style Tui na for nourishing, calming, centring and slowing Qi down
- Experience alternative methods for accessing Qi and stimulating points
- Improve your needling techniques and sensitivity and bring greater connection and
presence to your needling
- Improve palpation skills, bodywork confidence and be reminded of the power of
Price: £180 (early bird price until Friday 9th November 2018) £200 thereafter
Booking: please email: email@example.com
Sarah is the author of the Tui Na book “Chinese Massage Manual” originally published by Piatkus in 1999 and re-published by Healing Path publications in 2010. This text was widely regarded as the definitive English language text on Tui Na Massage.
Her second book “Tui Na – A Manual Of Chinese Massage Therapy” published by Elsevier (Churchill Livingstone) in 2010 is a comprehensive handbook for the 21st century student and practitioner of Tui Na working in the West. Both books are used as essential texts on Tui Na training courses in the UK, Europe and the USA.