Acupuncture for Common Conditions in Pregnancy (May 2019)
25th May 2019 @ 10:00 am BST£180
CCA acts as a venue for externally-led CPD courses.
This two day course covers the main complaints and complications that women may face during pregnancy. Western medical conditions are explained and explored in terms of TCM treatments with reference to historical sources and contemporary research.
This course is suitable for
- Third year students and new graduates who do not yet have much experience of this area
- More experienced practitioners who may already be offering these services but who would like to deepen their knowledge
Subjects covered include
- A TCM Exploration of Pregnancy
- Red Flags and Acupuncture Safety Issues
- Morning Sickness
- Fatigue and Exhaustion
- Threatened and Habitual Miscarriage
- Musculoskeletal Pain
- Pelvic, Lower Back and Sciatic Pain, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Anxiety and Depression in Pregnancy
- Feelings of Suffocation and Insomnia
- Turning A Breech
- Pre-birth Acupuncture and Cervical Ripening
Learning will be consolidated with case studies and, time-permitting, practical demonstrations.