Saturday April 24th 2021 @ 10.00am to 5.00pm £95
With Paul Johnson
This one-day course covers the main complaints and complications that women may face during the menopause. Commonly encountered symptoms are explained and explored in terms of TCM treatments with reference to both historical sources and contemporary research. This course is suitable for
- Second and third year students and recent graduates who do not yet have much experience of this area
- More experienced practitioners who may already be treating these issues but who would like to deepen their knowledge
Pre-requisites: Acupuncture second and third year students and graduates
This course will be delivered on-site, in a social distanced manner
For more information please download the itinerary on this page or contact
Saturday & Sunday 10th & 11th April 2021:
Treating Musculoskeletal(MSK) conditions by integrating Western and Traditional East Asian Medicine (TEAM).
An integrated approach for Acupuncture & Tuina practitioners & final year students –
delivered by Alex Brazkiewicz
• Improve your patient diagnosis and treatment through a systematic approach toward MSK conditions;
• Learn how to integrate Channel Palpation and Applied Channel Theory with Western Orthopaedic (OT) & Manual Muscle Testing (MMT) in your diagnosis;
• Learn to ‘Release the Brakes” and to apply the principles of Muscle Energy Techniques (MET’s);
• Introduce Gua Sha and “pricking the vessels” into your distal and local treatments.
As practitioners are aware, the hardest part of any treatment is correct diagnosis. Classically channel
palpation was a major part of diagnosis (alongside pulse, tongue and asking questions) in the
acupuncturist’s repertoire, where the physiology of the channels was studied alongside Zang Fu (organ
diagnosis, Yin / Yang and Wu Xing (5-phases).
By integrating classical diagnosis with modern orthopaedic and manual muscle testing and a systematic
approach to treating MSK conditions, this 2½ day blended-learning course will improve your diagnostic
skills, thereby enhancing patient outcomes. Class sizes limited to 12 to maximise practical skill learning.
“When I initially qualified, I did not feel confident in dealing with Musculoskeletal conditions and pain reduction. It was at this time I was fortunate to meet Jason Robertson who then invited me to accompany him
to visit his teacher Professor Wang Ju Yi (co-author of Applied Channel Theory) in Beijing.
After further trips to China, Germany and Dublin to study with Professor Wang and his apprentices, together with completion of Arya Nielsen’s postgraduate diploma in Gua Sha and then completion of a 5-year journey to become an Osteopath, I continue to integrate this learning into my practice with a passion to share my learning to help you improve your treatment of MSK conditions.”
Alex Brazkiewicz BSc (Acup), B.Ost, Dipl Tuina
Acupuncture & Tuina Practitioner, Osteopath & Paramedic
Next face-to-face course at CCA London on Saturday & Sunday 10th & 11th April 2021 (with ½ day zoom session available at various times before then) – Cost £200.
For further information or to book onto a course go to email@example.com (or use the QR code) and click on CPD courses.